Whole Foods Market, Queen
Honolulu's flagship Whole Foods Market occupies the first two floors at the $429 million Ae‘o condominium at 1001 Queen St., part of the master-planned community of Ward Village.
The 72,000-square-foot, two-story store is more than twice the size of its second-largest Hawaii store in Kailua. The new store will sell locally grown products — including produce, seafood and meats — as well as its popular natural body items, and will offer indoor and outdoor seating.
Other features of this location include the following:
- Sugar-cane juice: Pressed fresh in the store and sold in bottles.
- Two Tides Bar: 24 beers on tap, including exclusive Waikiki Brewing Co. brews.
- A specialty liquor case: With lighting that makes the premium wines, Champagnes and whiskeys seem to glow.
- La Tour Cafe and Lanikai Juice: Both local eateries have kiosks within Whole Foods. The store also features vegan menu items from Juicy Brew.
- Also: Not exclusive to Kakaako, but worth mentioning are self-serve bins offering mochi ice cream and macarons, and a self-serve poke station.
- And just because: Prominently displayed is a new line of products under the chain’s 365 Everyday Value brand — kochujang-flavored chips, ketchup, mustard and marinade.
- Address: 388 Kamakee Street
- Open Daily from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week
- Phone: (808) 738-0820
Down to Earth, Kakaako
Since Down to Earth opened in 1977, they have supported the living of a healthy lifestyle and the preservation of the environment by selling local, fresh, organic & natural products, and by promoting the living of a vegetarian lifestyle. Down to Earth’s 13,122-square-foot Kakaako store will anchor the Keauhou Lane retail shops, which spans 34,000 square feet under five stories of affordable workforce rental units.
- Address: 500 Keawe Street
- Open Daily from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week
- Phone: (808) 465-2512
Foodland Farms Ala moana
Fodland Farms Ala Moana features The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, R. Field Wine Company, Foodland Pharmacy, HI Steaks and an expanded array of fresh prepared foods. From the freshest local produce, mouth-watering poke, made-to-order sandwiches, pizzas and paninis, marinated meats, organic poultry, lei, wine, sushi and more, Foodland Farms Ala Moana offers an incomparable culinary experience along with a broad variety and selection of merchandise to ensure customers can find everything they need in one location. Foodland Super Market, Ltd. is Hawai‘i’s largest locally owned grocery retailer and the only locally owned supermarket with stores statewide.
- Address:1450 Ala Moana Blvd. (in Ala Moana Shopping Center)
- Open Daily from 5:00 am-10:00 pm, 7 days a week
- Phone: (808) 949-5044
Specialty Japanese Grocery Store specializing in groceries, snacks, drinks, household, health and beauty products, and much more!
- Address: 451 Piikoi St.
- Hours: Mon-Sun 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Phone: (808) 589-1121
Go Ramble does all the grocery shopping for you, then delivers it to your door! You can decide from pre-selected packages, or customize your own. They will even stock your vacation condo before you arrive. Click below to get started:
Customers on Oahu will be able to order groceries online and via the Safeway delivery app. There is a $49 minimum purchase, and delivery rates in most areas are $9.95 on purchases of $150 or more and $12.95 on purchases under $150, according to the company's website. However, they are currently offering $5 Off + Free Delivery on your first order*